Visiting the Rome Colosseum
Evade the Lengthy Lines at the Rome Colosseum
The Rome Colosseum! Everything splendid, and many things unbecoming about the Roman culture of 2000 years long ago can be discovered in its history. Upon first sight, many people are hit with a wave of feelings.
Here are some tips on how to avoid the long lines at the Rome Colosseum.
1. Purchase your ticket at the Palatine Hill entry. A ticket allows you admission to both the Palatine Hill and the Colosseum. The entry to the Palatine is relatively about 200 meters southwest of the Coliseum. Just pursue the path, about the Arch of Constantine, purchase your ticket there. Next, proceed back, past the line at the entrance at which the line will most likely form to the right, but can meander around to the left. Wander up to the turnstiles, put your ticket in the opening, and then - you are in.
2. There are indeed 2 queues at the Coliseum - one for tickets, one for tickets and audio guide, which can cost an extra four euros. Tip: the line for the audio guide line is usually much shorter.
3. Purchase the Rome Archeologia ticket which costs 20 euros and will secure you entrance to many of archeological sites together with the Coliseum, Palatine Hill, Baths of Caracalla, and not to be missed - the National Museum of Rome. You can procure this ticket at any of these sites, and the positive note is that most of these will have shorter lines (some even will have no line at all) than the Coliseum. Afterwards, proceed past the line with your ticket in-hand. The ticket is good for seven days.
4. Secure a reservation by mobile telephone: 39 06 3996 7700. It is recommended that you check the weather first before making your reservation. There is a specific ticket window to collect your reserved ticket, so again, which is helpful because there is no waiting in line.
5. Make a reservation at the following Internet address: http://www.pierreci.it/do/show/list/20. Be sure to read the restrictions prior to completing your purchase.
6. Participate in a retail tour. There are a some tacky tour guides who often barter tours at the exterior of the Coliseum. It is recommended that you choose a reputable company for your excursion to the Rome Colosseum.
All content Copyright © 2007-2010 romeitalytours.com and can not be reproduced without written permission from romeitalytours.com.